Monday, March 15, 2010

What I Ate in China - a photo essay

The title of this post says it all, so lets begin:

Mystery meal, day 1: we were tired and not that hungry so we went to the grocery store and picked up a few mystery items. This meal was so so. 



Beijing night food street had many interesting options. I chose shrimp on a stick! Yum. 


This ramen was all the way delicious. If only we could get this in the States! This was basically fast food. 


OMG! The stuff that looks like twisted noodles is the best ever! EVER! I still don't know what it is, but if anyone does, let me know. It's a sweet crumbly dessert thing. Tasty! 


I'm a sucker for grass jelly, and this ice cream with grass jelly that we got at Honeymoon Dessert in Shanghai didn't disappoint. 


Last meal - this Shanghainese meal was our last in the country and it may have been the best. Spinach, crunchy tofu, dumplings (not pictured), and the best shrimp ever! Note to self: go back to China. 

No comments: